Protectors of Animals, Inc has many felines available for adoption. Most of our cats live at the shelter location in East Hartford. Kittens live with foster families during the week and are at the shelter location on Saturday. The shelter is open to the public Saturdays from 10:30 AM to 4 PM & 1st Wednesday of every month 5.30pm - 7.30pm. Please have an adoption application on file with us before you arrive.
DSH-Domestic Short Hair DMH-Domestic Medium Hair DLH-Domestic Long Hair
To inquire about specific cats please e-mail: POAplacement@gmail.com or call: (860) 569-0722
If you are choosing to surrender your cat, we do not accept walk-in drop-offs on Saturdays. If you can no longer care for your cat, please contact us so we can explain options outside of adoption hours.
How much does it cost to adopt a feline and what is included?
Protectors of Animals, Inc collects a tax deductible donation of -
$200 for kitten (6 months or younger) ; $300 for 2 kittens adopted together
$150 for adult cat (older than 6 months) ; $250 for 2 cats adopted together
$75 for senior cats (older than 7 years) & FIV + cats
Our cats and kittens are neutered/spayed, treated for external and internal parasites and are vaccinated age appropriately. They are also tested for FIV and FeLV.
We are here to offer and provide advice and support after the adoption date.
Your first step is to browse the cats and kittens listed on this website.
Protectors of Animals, Inc works hard to provide an accurate and up to date listing of our available felines.
Your second step is to fill out our easy cat adoption form.
Our easy, 2 page cat adoption application form is available at this link. Email the completed form to email@example.com or print it out to mail or bring to the shelter location. Once it is received it will be reviewed by one of our adoption counselors.
Adoption Process and Requirements.
- After your application is approved our adoption counselors will help you find the right match for your household.
- You must present a valid driver's license or government issued photo ID with your current address and a copy of your lease if you rent. Avoid inconvenience and bring this paperwork along to the adoption.
- We do not authorize giving pets as gifts. The person who will be the owner of the new pet must be present and complete the adoption process.
- You need to have a sturdy pet carrier at the time of picking up your pet.
- You will be explained the medical history and will receive all the original medical paperwork of your new pet.
- Please allow approximately one hour to complete an adoption. This will include meeting the animals and filling out appropriate paperwork.
Thank you for choosing to rescue a cat or kitten, and thank you for coming to POA during your search.